Saturday, August 29, 2009

Knock, Knock

Last Thursday, I was cleaning up from lunch and all the kids were napping. All of a sudden, there was a knock on my front door. Who on earth would be at my house in the early afternoon?? I went to the door and much to my surprise, it was EMILY!

Emily and I met in the dorms during our freshman year of college. She and I lived in an apartment together up until Andy and I got married. I don't think we ever fought about who drank who's milk, who last bought toilet paper, etc.

Emily and her husband, Brad, were married in March of 2008. They are living in Canada. Her drive back here was 9 hours long!! So, as you would imagine, I didn't expect her!



Had I known she would be visiting, I would have:
1. worn different clothes
2. put on make-up and not thrown my hair into a ponytail
3. not put the kids down for an early nap (even though they were crazy!!)
4. cleaned up a bit...living room looked like the Little People were taking over!!
5. ...I could continue on and on...

But, she didn't come to see my house, she came to visit. It was so nice to catch up on what was new and going on. You don't realize how much you've missed someone until they show up out of the blue!

And, she got a tattoo!!! (Which I would never do since I am deathly afraid of needles!)



Love ya, Emily! Hope your drive back went well. I'm sure Brad is glad to have you home! Stop by any time!!

1 comment:

Grammy Ludwig said...

I AM SURE YOU, THE HOUSE, THE KIDS AND EVERYTHING WAS JUST AS IT SHOULD BE.... A HAPPY, HEALTHY HOME WITH A SWEET MOM AND FULL OF TOYS... SHE IS LUCKY TO HAVE YOU FOR A FRIEND. XO