Sunday, November 29, 2009

Okay, I'm Old!

My birthday was the day after Thanksgiving. I got up way too early and went shopping with my mom and sister. I spent the rest of the day at home with my kids, husband, and mom. That night, Andy threw a surprise party for me. I was truely surprised! Spending time with family and friends was a great way to ring in a new decade!

When I was younger, 30 seemed extremely ancient. Now that I'm here, it's really not that bad. I've been married 8 1/2 years, have 2 sweet kids, drive a van and own a home...guess I can't really be 22 anymore!


Andy and Hudson baked me a strawberry cake with chocolate frosting. They decorated the top with an entire bottle of sprinkles and fancy candles. It was delicious!

3 comments:

Brian and Carly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Sounds like it was a great one. What an awesome husband!

Grammy Ludwig said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY... YOU STILL LOOK 22 !!!!! IT IS JUST AS ODD TO BE 50... MADISON IS READY TO BUY MY COFFIN!!!! YOUR CAKE IS BEAUTIFUL!

Grammy Ludwig said...

loved your christmas card!!!!!!!!! i can't wait to post pictures of our two new babies for you to see!!!! love you, merry christmas.