Wednesday, March 14, 2012

monster cookie dough dip

I keep pinning recipes to Pinterest and rarely think to make them. We had a family birthday, and I decided to try something from my YUM board.



Monster Cookie Dough Dip

8oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 C butter, softened
1 C creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 C powdered sugar
3 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1 C oats (regular or quick)
1 C mini plain M&Ms
1 C mini chocolate chips

Mix cream cheese, butter, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
Add brown sugar, powdered sugar and flour. Mix well.
Fold in oats, M&Ms and chocolate chips.

Serve with graham crackers or pretzels.

**I used my Kitchen Aid mixer for the whole dip. I would suggest mixing in the oats and chocolate pieces by hand. Mine was so thoroughly mixed, you couldn't even tell there was oatmeal in it.

**I couldn't find mini M&Ms anywhere. I used the larger ones, and it was fine. Small ones would be cute, though. :)

**I tried it with both graham crackers and pretzels. I preferred the pretzels. The dip is so super rich, the pretzels added a little salt.

**This recipe made a TON. If I were making it for my family, I would make 1/2 or even 1/4.

No comments: